Project Splatter collates data members of the public (“citizen scientists”) send to us on the location of UK wildlife roadkill – birds, mammals, amphibians and reptiles.
What are Project Splatter’s aims?
1. Collate data on UK wildlife roadkill reported by the public using social media
2. Estimate the impact of roads on UK wildlife
3. Determine which species are most observed as roadkill
4. Raise awareness of this conservation issue
5. Ultimately reduce the impact of roads on our UK wildlife
- UK Roadkill Records
The dataset is comprised of ad hoc records of animals seen dead on the road submitted primarily by members of the public (citizen scientists).
Metadata last updated on 2019-09-24 13:52:38.0