Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust
The GWCT is a conservation charity that conducts scientific research to provide a thriving countryside rich in game and other wildlife
Contribution to the Atlas
The Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust charitable objects are:
· To promote for the public benefit, the conservation of game and its associated flora and fauna.
· To conduct research into game and wildlife management (including the use of game animals as a natural resource) and the effects of farming and other land management practices on the environment, and to publish the useful results of such research.
· To advance the education of the public and those managing the countryside in the effects of farming and management of land which is sympathetic to game and other wildlife.
· To conserve game and wildlife for the public benefit including: where it is for the protection of the environment, the conservation or promotion of biological diversity through the provision, conservation, restoration or enhancement of natural habitat; or the maintenance or recovery of a species in its natural habitat on land or in water and in particular where the natural habitat is situated in the vicinity of a landfill site.
- Black grouse annual lek surveys by study groups in Speyside, Donside, Angus Glens and the Southern Uplands for the period 2018 to 2021
This dataset is intended to provide an indication of black grouse lek data collected by black grouse study groups in Speyside, Donside, the Angus Glens and the Southern Uplands between 2018 and 2021. Black grouse is a species of conservation concern and as such has been monitored closely by these study groups...
Metadata last updated on 2021-07-06 12:52:24.0