ARC Species Database
Amphibian and Reptile Conservation
Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (ARC) holds amphibian and reptile species records going back to the 1970s. A large proportion of this data is collected by volunteers, and ARC greatly values their support. The dataset currently uploaded to the NBN Atlas contains occurrence (presence) data on widespread and range restricted species, as well as non-natives. Data resolution matches that defined in the ARC Data Sharing Policy (https://www.arc-trust.org/policies). Higher resolution data can be requested from ARC.
This upload of the ARC Species database contains the following datasets:
1) ARC rare reptile monitoring data c.1990-2022
2) Natterjack toad monitoring data from 1970 onwards
3) Rare/exotic species records from the British Herpetological Society (BHS) database (up to c.1984-1998).
4) Various third-party datasets
5) Various ad-hoc records
6) Batched Living Record amphibian and reptile records
7) Monitoring data collected under the National Amphibian and Reptile Recording Scheme (NARRS) / National Amphibian and Reptile Monitoring Programme from 2007 onwards (including the National Reptile Survey and National Amphibian Survey)
The ARC species database contains records of amphibians and reptiles within the United Kingdom, and incorporates data collected from the National Amphibian and Reptile Monitoring Programme, ad-hoc records and historic data. This dataset provided on the NBN Atlas contains presence data only.
Methods range from ad-hoc visual sightings through to targeted surveys utilising visual searches, torchlight survey, netting, egg-searches, artificial cover objects and eDNA. Data are collected by ARC employees, volunteers, partner organisations and members of the public. Further details of survey methods for ARC-led surveys can be found on the National Amphibian and Reptile Monitoring Programme webpages (https://www.arc-trust.org/monitoring).
Amphibian and Reptile Conservation Trust ([Insert download year]). Amphibian and Reptile Conservation species database. Occurrence dataset on the NBN Atlas
Looking up... the number of records that can be accessed through the NBN Atlas. This resource was last checked for updated data on 17 Sep 2022. The most recent data was published on 17 Sep 2022.Click to view records for the ARC Species Database resource.