Marine Biological AssociationAcronym: MBA
Promoting scientific research into marine life, including the environment on which it depends, disseminating to the public the knowledge gained.
- 1848-1982 Lundy Field Society The Marine Fauna of Lundy
A collection of digitised records from Lundy Island, north Devon, UK - from Pdf annual reports of Lundy Marine fauna.
- 1966-1986 T.G. Skinner Solway Firth Occurrence of some prominent zooplankton
Three surveys were carried out by T.G. Skinner in the Solway Firth Areas. Surveys were carried out with plankton nets and a count of the species captured were carried out. This is the first survey: Observation on Solway Hydromedusae (Glasg. Nat. 19: 189-197 (1975)).
- 2004-2012 Bishop et al. Occurrence of non-native sessile invertebrates on the English coast
As part of efforts to monitor marine non-native species (NNS) populations, a series of surveys were conducted at 61 marina sites across England and Wales. The data was collected from 2004 to 2012. Only English data is included
- 2005 - Ongoing United Kingdom MarLIN Shore Thing timed search results
Intertidal species effort-based search undertaken by students (16+) and volunteer groups with support from an ecologist. During the twenty minute timed species search surveyors look for 22 species, 4 non native and 18 climate change indicator species within 1 of 3 habitats: rockpools; boulders, crevices and overhangs; or open rock. Abundance is recorded using a simplified version of SACFORN.
- 2017 North Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) Combe Martin Devon Bioblitz
8 hour schools and public bioblitz survey of all species in all coastal habitats within the Combe Martin area. Run by the North Devon AONB and held on 14th March 2017. The aim of the survey was to record the presence of as many species as possible throughout the day...
- DASSH Data Archive Centre - Statutory Surveys
Datasets provided to the DASSH Data Archive Centre from Statutory Agencies. Data comply with MEDIN standards (www.oceannet.org) and further assets (images, video, bathymetry) may be available.
- DASSH Data Archive Centre Academic Surveys
A collection of marine biological survey data collated from literature.
- DASSH Data Archive Centre expert sightings records
Occasional sighting of marine species recorded by academics, professionals or expert amateur naturalists.
- DASSH Data Archive Centre volunteer sightings records
This dataset consists of casual observations reported by members of the public
- DASSH Data Archive Centre volunteer survey data
A collection of marine life surveys collated by the Marine Life Information Network (<i>MarLIN</i>) as part of their data access program and now incoporated into the DASSH Data Archive Centre. Although this data is freely available Data ownership remains with the original data provider and permission must be saught to use this data for academic or commercial purposes...
- RISC and ALERT Marine Non-Native Species (Chinese Mitten Crab, Wakame and Carpet Sea Squirt) Records
Recording Invasive Species Counts (www.nonnativespecies.org/recording/) alongside ALERT was launched in 2010 and includes on-line recording for 19 species including the Chinese Mitten Crab Eriocheir sinensis, Wakame Undaria pinnatifida and Carpet Sea Squirt, Didemnum vexillum The data is predominantly provided by members of the public but records are verified from photos by designated experts...
- Verified Marine records from Indicia-based surveys
Data include a subset of iSpot records: www.ispotnature.org, those submitted via iRecord: www.brc.ac.uk/irecord and the MBA Indicia-based recording scheme: www.mba.ac.uk/recording. Records are verified by organisations and individuals with relevent taxonomic Expertise. This includes the Marine Biological Assocation and the Conchological Society.
Metadata last updated on 2019-09-24 17:57:21.0